Whether you’re planning a wedding, a dance, or just a romantic night with your significant other, slow dance songs are a must. Technically speaking, a “slow dance song” has 60-100 beats per minute (BPM). That’s quite a wide range, but that gives you variety on the dance floor.
There’s also a lot of variety in our list of 30 of the best slow dance songs, from classics to throwbacks to modern hits. We wanted to include something for everyone!
Classic Slow Dance Songs
These songs have been getting people on the dance floor with someone special for decades.
- At Last by Etta James
- Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
- When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge
- Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers
- Some Kind of Wonderful by Carole King
- Your Song by Elton John
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow? By The Shirelles
- Walking in the Rain by The Ronettes
- Something by The Beatles
- Something in the Way She Moves by James Taylor
Throwback Slow Dance Songs
Throw it back to school dances with these jams.
- All My Life by KC & Jojo
- I Swear by John Michael Montgomery
- I Can Love You Like That by All-4-One
- End of the Road by Boys II Men
- More Than Words by Extreme
- Thank God I Found You by Mariah Carey
- God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You by *NSYNC
- No One by Alicia Keys
- I Want it That Way by Backstreet Boys
- I Do (Cherish You) by 98 Degrees
Modern Slow Dance Songs
Here are some of the best slow dance songs in recent years…
- Conversations in the Dark by John Legend
- XO by John Mayer (or the original by Beyoncé)
- Lovesong by Adele
- Lover by Taylor Swift
- Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
- Coming Home by Leon Bridges
- I Got You by Jack Johnson
- I Found You by Alabama Shakes
- Everything by Michael Buble
- Stay With Me by Sam Smith
Perfect Your Slow Dancing With Lessons at Our Durham Dance Studio
Dance lessons from Fred Astaire Dance Studios make a great date night! We offer a variety of dance lessons at our Durham location, including latin, ballroom, and swing. Give us a call at (919) 489-4313 or fill out the contact form below to schedule your first lesson! If you’re a new student, be sure to check out our introductory classes.