Create a Memorable Moment During Your First Dance as a Married Couple
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We know you are doing so much to create a perfect day filled with beautiful memories – you’re probably tasting cakes and catering sample menus, inspecting floral arrangements, and auditioning DJs and bands. But are you ready for your first dance where all eyes are on you as you stand up with your spouse for the first time?
Make sure you can stand up with confidence and create a beautiful moment to remember by scheduling wedding dance lessons with Fred Astaire Dance Studio today! In addition to couple’s lessons, we also offer lessons for father-daughter dances and wedding party dance routines so every moment on the dance floor will be filled with fun, joy, and confidence.
Why Choose Us for Wedding Dance Lessons
You want to look poised with your partner when you’re out on the dance floor, rather than just swaying back and forth together, but knowing exactly what to do doesn’t always come naturally. Instead of practicing a dance in your kitchen while watching YouTube videos, our certified dance instructors can guide you through the steps, help you remember your moves, and create a dance with you that allows your unique personalities to shine through!
Wedding dance lessons also offer the following benefits:
- Reconnect with your fiancé with a scheduled date night that’s just for the two of you.
- Skip the gym and get exercise that’s just as effective and a lot more fun!
- Gain confidence in your dancing skills and ease worry and anxiety about dancing in front of others.
- Have fun with your wedding party before the big day with group lessons!
Whether you simply want to learn a few basic steps, get custom choreography, or create an involved routine for your wedding party to wow your guests, our instructors will help make your dream dances a reality. We are experts in all styles of ballroom dance and can incorporate your favorite styles into your choreography.
Making the Most of Dance Lessons for Your Wedding
When you schedule your dance lessons, here are a few tips to help you be successful:
- Don’t put it off! We recommend beginning lessons five or six months before your wedding to ensure you’ve got plenty of time, you’re not rushed, and you have time to accommodate any emergencies that may pop up with your wedding. Plus, this will give you time to schedule lessons for other dances if necessary.
- Bring your dance partner! Whether it’s your first dance with your spouse or a group dance, make sure everyone is there. Trying to teach someone what you learned when you get home while you’re still learning can be difficult.
- Wear your wedding shoes! (Or a similar style). If you take lessons in sneakers then try to do the dance in heels, you may find it is much more difficult and uncomfortable.
- Bring your song! Knowing exactly what you want to dance to makes it easier to start lessons that align with the beat and the type of music.
Popular Wedding Songs for Couples
- At Last – Etta James
- All of Me – John Legend
- When a Man Loves a Woman – Percy Sledge
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheerhan
- Crazy Love – Van Morrison
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
Popular Father-Daughter Dance Songs
- Butterfly Kisses – Bob Carlisle
- Daughter – Louden Wainwright III
- Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- My Girl – The Temptations
- I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
- Daughters – John Mayer
- Unforgettable – Natalie Cole & Nat King Cole
Popular Wedding Party Dance Songs
- We Are Family – Sister Sledge
- Shout – The Isley Brothers
- Crank That – Soulja Boy
- Any Man of Mine – Shania Twain
- Cupid Shuffle – Cupid
Schedule Your Private Wedding Dance Lessons in Durham Today
Now is a great time for you and your fiancé to start taking dance lessons to get ready for your wedding. Start out with a consultation at our dance studio, where you’ll bring your music and try out some basic moves, then you’ll get to see our wedding programs and pick what works best for you.
We schedule wedding consultations Monday – Friday between 12:00 noon and 10:00 pm and on select Saturdays. Please call us at (919) 489-4313 to get started or fill out the form below!
Contact Us Today
- This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.